Request document delivery
Use document delivery to request:
- items we don't hold in the UQ Library collection
- scanned copies of journal articles and book chapters from our print collection
There's no charge for standard document delivery. Our borrowing rules list the number of requests you can make per semester.
Document delivery request forms
(UQ login required)
It may be quicker to submit requests through UQ Library Search or one of our databases as the item's details will be pre-filled in the form.
- In UQ Library Search: Click the Request document delivery button
- In databases: Get it at UQ Library > Request the item via document delivery
Manage your requests
Track or cancel a request or send us a message about one of your requests.
How items are delivered
- Articles, chapters and scanned items: you'll be sent a link via email
- Books and other physical items: you will be notified via email when they are ready to pick up. The loan length will vary
- External and remote students should select External & remote delivery as their pick up location to have physical items posted to them
We can try to get items that you need urgently. Delivery costs apply.
- On the request form, select the Service level as Rush or Express delivery.
- Phone + 61 7 334 63674 to notify us of your request and discuss payment.
- We will send you an online payment link via email when the request is processed.
We accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express.
Delivery costs and time frames
|Delivery method||Cost (inc. GST)||Time frame|
|UQ-held journal articles and book chapters||No charge||5 business days (approximately) if the item is available|
2 weeks (approximately) within Australia.
|Rush: 24-hour service||
Book: $24.00 (within Australia only)
24 business hours to send you the item or advise that we can't.
Rush books can take up to 2 days to arrive.
Express: 2-hour service
(journal articles only)
2 business hours to send you the item or advise that we can't.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.