Using and sharing your library spaces
Booking a room? Respect others using the space.
You can book a room or desk online:
- up to 7 days in advance
- 3 current bookings maximum
- 3 hours maximum per booking
You cannot make bookings for a date that has passed, is more than 7 days in advance or that are reserved for certain client groups. Unavailable spaces are marked in grey.
- arrive on time and vacate the space 5 minutes before the end of your booking
- keep noise to a minimum - rooms are not soundproof!
- cancel any booking you no longer require
It’s a busy place: Share the computers
- If you’re not using the library computer, let another student use it
- Taking a break? Take your things with you
- Library computers time-out after 15 minutes of inactivity so that other students can login
- View more information on using the library computers including available software
Some food and drink is OK
You may eat and drink in most library spaces – but cold food and drinks with lids only, please!
View the complete Food and Drink Policy (PDF, 5.6 MB).
Studying with others or by yourself? Find the right space.
We have purpose-built group and individual areas in our locations so that you can work with other students or study quietly by yourself.
- Group areas are located on lower floors.
- Quiet spaces are located on upper floors.
Look after yourself and your belongings
Leaving the library? Don't leave your belongings. Thieves target unattended property (if you fall asleep your belongings can be a target too). Find out how to recover lost or stolen property.