Library locker locations
Lockers for postgraduate students and students with disabilities are available on a semester basis. They are located at certain library locations on the UQ St Lucia and UQ Gatton campuses.
UQ St Lucia campus:
- most of the lockers are located in the Social Sciences and Humanities Library (levels 3 and 4)
- Biological Sciences Library (level 4)
- Duhig Tower (level 4)
UQ Gatton campus:
UQ Gatton Library (J.K. Murray Library) (lower level)
Applying for a locker
Clients with disabilities can access lockers in the Library through Student Services.
UQ St Lucia campus
Lockers are drawn lottery-style from a pool of applicants who apply at the beginning of each semester. Applications for each semester are advertised on the Library homepage when available.
- Only one application per person will be accepted, no change of preference is allowed
- Winning applicants will be assigned a locker based on location preference selected
- Keys can only be collected from the Social Sciences and Humanities Library
- Expected minimum locker usage is 20 hours per week
Lockers that are unclaimed after two draws will become available for loan upon request from the AskUs service point on Level 1 of the Social Sciences and Humanities Library on a first-come, first-served basis.
Semester 1 applications are open from 20 February to 5 March 2017. Successful applicants will be notified via their student email address by the 7 March 2017.
UQ Gatton campus
You can apply for a locker at the UQ Gatton Library AskUs service point. Lockers are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One locker per student per semester
- The Library reserves the right to determine the allocation of lockers, taking into consideration any student disability, enrolment status or special needs.
- You will be given a key to a numbered locker. The key holder is responsible for the key and will be charged a replacement fee of $145.00 (this includes an administration fee of $20.00) if the key is not returned at the end of the agreed period. Additional overdue / misconduct charges may apply.
- The Library reserves the right to open the locker at any time
- Food and drinks are not to be stored in lockers