How to borrow
By borrowing from the Library you agree to comply with our borrowing rules.
Use your UQ ID card or library card to borrow at:
- Auto loan machines - you can check out items yourself
- a service point where staff can assist
- a Book Dispensing Machine in:
Please check your receipt as it contains important information.
Your borrowing history is available in your library account.
- Standard loans may be renewed up to 3 times before they must be returned to the Library. We will auto-renew standard loans for you (up to 3 times) if the item is not recalled and your account has not been suspended
- Short and recalled loans cannot be renewed
- Overdue items cannot be renewed online. Contact us and discuss with staff.
- Log in to your Library account to view your loans
- Renew selected items
You can also renew at an auto loan machine or service point in the Library.
Standard loans are subject to recall if required by another client:
- you are guaranteed a loan of at least 7 days on standard items
- external and remote students are guaranteed a loan of at least 14 days
- we will request the return of the item by email
- return the item by the new due date to avoid fines for overdue loans
If there are already holds on an item you borrow, your loan period will be 7 days.
Where possible please return loaned items to the library from which they were borrowed.
- High use material, equipment and keys must be returned, via the returns chute, at the library from which they were borrowed
- Items borrowed from the Book Dispensing Machines (BDM) machines must be returned to that specific machine
- Materials borrowed from Toowoomba, Rockhampton, Hervey Bay and Bundaberg libraries must be returned to that library
You may return items by post. Postal address for your library.