Access to spaces
Most locations allow access to all Library members, some restrictions may apply.
- Carry your UQ ID or library card with you. Security staff may ask you to leave if you don’t.
- Follow our simple guidelines for using and sharing your library spaces.
- View our current opening hours, including closures and variations.
Security regularly patrol our spaces outside of core library hours.
In an emergency
- Phone: + 61 7 336 53333
- Use a red emergency phone, direct to UQ security. You do not need to dial.
Locations with 24/7 facilities
- Biological Sciences Library
- Duhig Tower (levels 1, 2, 4 and 5)
- Dorothy Hill Engineering & Sciences Library (level 1)
Enter via cooper road when the Library is closed.
- Graduate Economics and Business Library
- UQ Gatton Library (J.K. Murray Library) (level 1, swipe access required)
After-hours access is via the back of the library near the IT Annexe
- Herston Health Sciences Library (eZone, swipe access required)
After-hours access is via the corridor between the library entrance and
the UQ Health Sciences building
- Law Library (Walter Harrison Library)
- Rural Clinical School Library (swipe access required)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Library (levels 1 and 4)