Graduates of The University of Queensland can apply for alumni membership of the Library. The first year is free for new graduates.
Privacy statement: The University of Queensland Library only requests and uses personal information for the specific purpose for which it is requested. Your personal information is treated in strict compliance with relevant privacy laws. We disclose personal information with your express consent only, or where required by law. See our Privacy Management Policy and Procedures for details.
Applications generally take 5 working days.
For new graduates:
- Membership is for 12 months from your date of graduation, not your application date
- If you apply before the date of graduation - your membership begins on the application date
Update your membership details
Membership entitles you to:
- borrow items from our print collections(Library membership card required)
- access a limited number of alumni databases
- use our 24/7 spaces (Library membership card required)
Membership is not required for you to visit our locations and use our on-site collections, including our cultural and historical collections. Visitors also have access to:
- a selection of our databases and eBooks that must be accessed from Library computers
- key digitised collections from Fryer Library on UQ eSpace
- UQ Library search
- UQ Visitor Wireless
Our staff can help you access materials at other UQ Library locations.
Please note that Alumni membership will no longer include a subscription to RefWorks from the 23 December 2016. We apologise for any inconvenience, you can find out more information here.
Cost to join
Alumni membership costs $75 per year, or $50 for six months.
Using library resources
When using UQ Library resources, it is important that:
- It is for private research and study purposes only
- Items are referenced and collection material is attributed in line with copyright legislation
- Books are returned on time
- Computers and Internet are used in accordance with the Acceptable Use of UQ ICT Resources Policy
Please contact us if you have any questions on appropriate use of UQ Library resources.
Thank you for becoming a member of the UQ Library. Stay in contact by:
- Joining the Friends of the Library and attending our events;
- Visiting us on social media. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter;
- Visiting us when you return to campus. We welcome the opportunity to take you on a library tour to show you what's changed since you graduated and share information about our current priorities and initiatives. Please contact us if you would like to request a tour.