Borrowing for external and remote students
External or remote UQ students can still borrow physical items from the Library. We will pay for the item to be posted to you. You are responsible for the return postage.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Undergraduates and Coursework Postgraduates
Fully external or remote student
Your account automatically has remote borrowing enabled. Check mySI-net to confirm that you are classified as external.
Submit an external and remote borrowing application
If you are not automatically enabled for remote borrowing, you may apply if:
- you are enrolled in a mixture of external, remote or flexible courses
- you are undertaking a student placement of more than 2 weeks in another town or city
- you have extenuating circumstances
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your situation. We will contact you about your application.
MPhil and PhD students: contact your school/institute and request that your candidature status in SI-net be changed to “Remote”.
Your borrowing privileges are slightly different from standard student loans.
|Category||Undergraduate||Coursework post graduate||Research student|
|Number of items||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Standard loan||42 day||42 day||84 day|
|Renewing loans||3 renewals at 28 days||3 renewals at 28 days||3 renewals at 84 days|
|Requesting items||Max. of 20 (one copy only per title)||Max. of 100 (one copy only per title)||Max. of 100 (one copy only per title)|
Other borrowing privileges are as set out in borrowing rules.
Ensure your semester address is up to date in mySI-net.
- Log in to UQ Library Search
- Click the Location & availability tab on a physical item
- Click Place a hold to have it posted to you
- Select Home Address (Personal Delivery) as the Pickup Location
- Optionally add a "Not Needed After" date if you'd like us to cancel the hold if the item is not available before a certain date
- Click Place a hold
Post the item back to the Library by its due date. We will include a return address label.
Loans and recalls
- Standard loans are subject to recall if required by another client. An email will be sent to you requesting that the material be returned by an adjusted due date
- Check the due date of your items in your library account or My Library. Return the item by the due date to avoid incurring an overdue loan penalty
- If the item was on hold by another client before it was sent to you, your borrowing period will be 14 days