Quality management and assurance
Quality assurance in the Library is embedded in its strategic planning, reporting and review systems.
- A five year Strategic Plan (PDF, 1 MB)
- Annual, rolling operational planning process (whole-of-library, and branch/section level)
- Annual reporting on performance against objectives in the Strategic and Operational Plans
- Periodic reviews
These framework elements are the responsibility of the University Librarian and Directors to implement.
Accountability consists of:
- appraisal of the performance of individual managers, and
- oversight by the governing body of the Library, the Library Executive
- University Librarian reporting regularly to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Reporting on Reviews to the University Senate
Focus on attaining Library goals and objectives through annual reporting on performance in relation to the Strategic Plan and the Operational Plan.
- Annual review of the Plan to reflect current priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Monitoring key indicators for Information Services provision to assist in assessing performance against strategic objectives.
- Appraisal of individual staff and managers in terms of their annual objectives.
- Surveying and benchmarking of results against Council of Australian University Libraries (CAUL), Libraries of the Group of Eight Universities, and University Libraries in the United States and the United Kingdom through the LibQual+ survey.
- Allocation of resources to areas of identified strategic importance and to promote improved performance.
- Commitment to clear identification of strategic objectives and priorities for action.
- Commitment to evaluate each branch and functional unit at least once every seven years.
- Support for redirection of resources to meet recommendations for change emanating from reviews and to support strategic objectives.
- Support for staff development to ensure continuous improvement and excellence.
- Devolution of responsibility to its most effective organisation level, with clear lines of accountability.