Request a Fryer item
When to place a request
Please note that all items with preorder item next to the location in the library catalogue must be requested a minimum of 4 – 5 business days in advance of your visit to ensure their availability.
How to place a request
If you have questions about the status of your request, contact us:
- in person at the Fryer desk
- by telephone: +617 3365 6236
- via email: email@example.com
All items will be available for collection from the Fryer desk, level 4, Duhig tower.
Fryer items are available for use in the reading room only. They may not be borrowed.
When to place a hold
Place a hold on the following types of items only:
- Books from the Woolcock collection
- Print theses with Fryer – preorder item location
Please note these materials may take 4 – 5 business days after the request is submitted to be available.
How to place a hold
- Click the Place a Hold button in the record. You will be prompted for your UQ username and password
- Select a pickup location: Select Fryer - Theses and Woolcock only to request access to theses and Woolcock items held by Fryer
- UQ Staff, Students and Alumni Library members may place a hold
- Library members and the community may contact the Fryer Library to request access to an item
- Fryer items cannot be borrowed. They must be used in the Fryer Library reading room. Items can take up to 4 - 5 business days to be available
- Click Submit. Library copies of this item will be listed
- Click a radio button to select the copy you wish to borrow, noting the location and availability of the item
- Click the Request Selected Item button
A small number of items have some restrictions on their use. This may be due to preservation concerns for fragile material. In other cases the donor stipulates that part or all of a collection may only be used by approved researchers, or that it is closed for a specified period. If the catalogue indicates that there is a restriction, please contact us in advance to discuss possible access arrangements.