This prize rewards effective use of library materials and services to achieve excellence in research at UQ. We invite UQ students studying a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or a Doctor of Biotechnology (DBiotech) to apply.
Applications close 7 April 2017.
This award is offered with the support of Taylor & Francis Group, an academic publisher with an interest in the development of early career researchers.
- $1000 to be awarded to one recipient
- Personalised Library assistance to maximise the impact of your research, including a metrics report and a strategy for publishing in high impact journals
As a winner of the award, you:
- are enrolled in an approved research higher degree program at The University of Queensland
- have supplied all required information as indicated on the application form
- demonstrated that you have made use of UQ Library resources to excel in your research
- will have the opportunity to be presented your award at a Library event
- agree to your name and details of your research being published on the UQ Library website and for promotional purposes.
Email Heather Todd, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director, Learning and Research Services, about this award.
To be eligible for the award:
- submit the application by the due date
- be enrolled in an approved program (PhD, MPhil, DBiotech) at The University of Queensland
- demonstrate excellent use of Library resources to excel in your field of research
- 200-word overview of your research
- 300-word statement of how you have used UQ Library resources in your research
- 200-word (maximum) supporting statement from your UQ academic supervisor
Selection of award
The award recipient will be selected on the merit of their written application, taking into account their research achievements supported by Library use. The selection panel will include:
- Director, Learning and Research Services, UQ Library
- Associate Director, Scholarly Communication and Repository Services, UQ Library
The selection of the successful recipient will be signed off by:
- Dean of the Graduate School
All applicants will be notified via email once the decision has been made by the selection committee.
About Taylor & Francis Group
Taylor & Francis Group is a world-leading academic and professional publisher in the areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine sectors.
Through their publishing, they aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.