Using term lists
To show abbreviated journal titles in the bibliography, you will need set up a Term List.
To replace the existing Journals list with one of the supplied journal abbreviation lists:
- From the Tools menu, select Open Term Lists, and then select Journals Term List
- Click and drag, or select one term and press Ctrl+A, to highlight all terms
- Click Delete Term to delete all existing terms from your list
- Click on the Lists tab and highlight the Journals list
- Click Import List
- Navigate to the EndNote X7\Terms Lists folder, (something like C: Program files\EndNote X7\Terms lists)
- Select the list you want to use
- Click Open to import the journal names and abbreviations from the file into the Journals term list
If the referencing style requires the use of abbreviated journal titles, EndNote will be able to draw from this list to replace the full title.
For further information click Help in your EndNote library to read the chapters about term lists.