Toolbar missing in Word?
Restore the EndNote toolbar: Windows
If Word crashes while using EndNote, Word may disable the EndNote Add-in. The EndNote toolbar will no longer be visible.
To restore the toolbar in Word 2007/2010 (Windows):
- Word 2007: Click on the Office icon and select Word Options
Word 2010/2013: Click on the File ribbon and select Options
- Click on Add-ins
- Change the Manage options to Disabled Items
- Click Go
- Highlight any EndNote item(s) and click Enable
- Click OK
Restore the EndNote toolbar: Mac
To restore the toolbar in MAC Word:
- Click on Tools and then Templates and Add-Ins...
- Click to tick in the boxes next to the EndNote add-ins to reactivate
If the above steps don't work - reinstall EndNote.
Further links: The EndNote Guide at the University of Toledo contains helpful images on restoring the EndNote toolbar in Word for both Windows and Mac.
EndNote Support FAQs have information on:
- installing the EndNote toolbar for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- restoring the EndNote toolbar when CWYW tools are disabled and missing in Word