Importing PDF files and folders
Convert PDFs into EndNote references, using the Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
To import PDFs
- Open your EndNote Library
- Click on File and choose Import. Click on File
- Click on the Choose button and locate the PDF you wish to convert into a reference
- Click Open
- In Import Option, select the PDF option
- In Duplicates, choose one the following options:
- Import All: All references, including duplicates, are imported.
- Discard Duplicates: No duplicates are imported.
- Import into Duplicates Library: Duplicate references are imported into a library called [your library name]Dupl.enl.
- In Text Translation, choose No Translation
The new reference is stored in the Imported References group. This group is temporary and will disappear when you exit from the library. The reference will remain in your library.