References can be classified and organised by using the Groups feature. This enables you to create specialised libraries within your EndNote library.
Create a group
- Click on Groups on the top menu bar
- Select Create Group from the drop-down menu.
This will open a box in the Groups pane.
- Type a name for the group then click outside of the box
Add a reference to a group
- Select All References in the Groups pane
- Highlight the selected reference in the library window
- Click Groups on the top menu bar
- Click Add References To from the drop-down menu, and then select the name of the group
Alternate methods for adding a reference to a group
- Right-click on the reference, select Add References To from the drop down menu and select the group
- Drag-and-drop the reference into the group in the Groups Pane
More about groups
- Removing a reference from a custom group does not delete it from the library. It removes the reference from the group subset, but the reference still exists in the library.
- For more sophisticated grouping you can organise your groups into group sets or smart groups. Refer to Help in your EndNote library for further information.