Finding full text
Due to recent changes to UQ login system, EndNote's Find Full Text has ceased to work on computers off the University network. The problem is being investigated and we hope to be able to offer a solution in the near-future.
Until this problem has been rectified, the Find Full Text function will only operate on computers which are connected to the University through a LAN (wired connection) or WiFi (EduRoam), or via a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
To establish a connection via VPN, go to this guide. https://its.uq.edu.au/services/working-from-home
You can use the Find Full Text command to locate the full articles of your references. You can search for up to 250 references at one time.
Find Full Text cannot be used in the Online Mode.
Set EndNote Find Full Text Preferences
- Click on Edit > Preferences, and select Find Full Text
- Check all the check-boxes
Tip: If you are not working in the biomedical area, you can leave the PubMed LinkOut option unchecked to speed up the search process.
- In the OpenURL Path box, type:
- Click the OK button to save these changes
Using the Find Full Text command
- Click on the references you wish to find the full text article.
Tip: To select multiple references, click on the first one then, holding down the Control key, select your other references.
- Click on References > Find Full Text > Find Full Text or click on the Find Full Text icon in the toolbar.
References appear in groups under a Find Full Text group set. EndNote will now attempt to find the full text of your selected references.
- You will be asked to authenticate with your UQ username and password.
You will see a message telling you that no menu access is available.
- Click on Continue to begin the search. A copyright notice will appear.
- Click on OK.
Viewing full text results
Once EndNote has finished searching, the results will be displayed in the Find Full Text group.
It will display how many were successful and how many weren’t located. You can then view the references in each of these groups.
For those that were successful, a paper clip icon will appear in the File Attachments column in the Library window.
When you go into the reference, a file attachment icon will be displayed in the File Attachment field.