Correcting authors’ names in APA 6th style
If EndNote is including initials to names in the in-text citation, it is:
- correct if there are publications with authors with the same surname.
- incorrect if there is only one author with the surname
Replace name in EndNote references
- Search for every record with the author’s name.
- Select one version for the name
- Replace any variation with the preferred format.
Remove variations from Terms List.
- Select Tools > Open Term Lists > Authors Term List.
- Scroll down until you find the entries for the author
- Delete all but the preferred form of the author’s name.