What is EndNote?
EndNote is a sophisticated citation manager. Use EndNote to:
- Create a list of references from your searches
- Insert citations into a document
- Produce a bibliography in any style within your document
Before you download please note:
- EndNote on Mac will need to be updated to be compatible with Word 2016 for Mac.
- Mac OS Sierra compatibility - EndNote is recommending NOT to upgrade to Mac OS Sierra at this time as there are unresolved issues with the PDF viewer.
- EndNote is available on all UQ Library computers
Ready to download?
- Check that your computer, operating system and software meet the requirements but don't download directly from the EndNote site.
- Download a UQ Library licensed version of EndNote (Windows or Mac).
Update your EndNote
Usually the software will announce when an update is available. If you are updating:
- Back up your existing EndNote library files and any customized content (e.g. output styles and import filters)
- Close all programs related to EndNote
- Uninstall the old version of EndNote
- Complete install of the new version