What is EndNote?
EndNote is a sophisticated citation manager. Use EndNote to:
- Create a list of references from your searches
- Insert citations into a document
- Produce a bibliography in any style within your document
- Check that your computer, operating system and software meet the requirements but don't download directly from the EndNote site.
EndNote of Mac OS Sierra will need the latest version of EndNote X8 to be fully compatible. Mac users may need to upgrade the operating system to be able to run EndNote.
- View the video about accessing the EndNote software.
- Download a UQ Library licensed version of EndNote (Windows or Mac).
Update your EndNote
Usually the software will announce when an update is available. If you are updating:
- Back up your existing EndNote library files and any customized content (e.g. output styles and import filters)
- Close all programs related to EndNote
- Uninstall the old version of EndNote
- Complete install of the new version