Visiting and using UQ Library
Secondary school students are welcome to visit UQ campuses and use the free online resources available through the library homepage.
View our locations and hours for the best time to visit.
Make the most of your visit
Search UQ library
Locate books and other resources through UQ Library Search
- at home
- on campus using UQ library computers (Database and eBook access for visitors). You will need to log on to library computers with the username 'libguest' and the password 'libguest'
- on campus using your own wireless device through our free UQ visitor wireless
View the video "How to use UQ library search" to get the most out of your search.
Additional research tools
Use the following research tips and tools to improve your searching:
- Assignment Research Steps (PDF, 286 KB)
- What is a journal? (PDF, 314 KB)
- Website evaluation (PDF, 315 KB)
- Referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- Resources for visitors
Where can I find my books?
View the video "Finding a book on the shelf" then visit one of our libraries during opening hours.
How can I borrow books, print, copy or scan material?
Sign up for borrowing as a senior secondary school student. Membership is free.
Photocopying, printing and scanning
UQL Cyberschool students can borrow a card for scanning only from Level 1 of the Social Sciences and Humanities Library AskUs desk. Please return the print/copy/scan card to the AskUs desk when finished.
To obtain your own print/copy/scan card visit the Guest printing page.
Using the Internet
- UQ provides visitors with free wireless internet access
- You will be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions