Adobe Connect is the virtual classroom software that is used to help deliver some UQ courses accessible through Blackboard. Adobe connect allows you and your lectures to have lectures/tutorials or meetings via the web.
Setup your device
You require an update to date version of Adobe Flash and Adobe connect in your browser.
- You require a headset (including headphones and a microphone) to use audio in adobe connect meetings. This provides better quality audio and prevents audio reverberation.
- A web camera is optional
To talk, or activate your camera, you will need to be given the rights to be use the Voice and Camera Pods by a Presenter or by the Connect Room Host.
- To start, run this diagnostic check on the computer you intend to use.
- If prompted, download the Adobe add-in at the end of the diagnostic check. Some features of the room may not function properly without it
You can also download the plug-in
Configure your audio
Before attending a real virtual class - ensure that your system is properly configured:
- Visit the UQ Audio Setup Room to configure your audio
- Log in with your Student/Staff ID and password
- Click the Meeting button > Audio Setup Wizard...
- Work through the step by step wizard
Adobe Connect Mobile enables you to attend a meeting from your iOS, Android, or Blackberry device.
Log in and participate
(Mobile users will require a meeting URL)
- Log in to your Learn.UQ course
Configure your device for Adobe Connect.
- Select the Adobe Connect Classroom
Enable your microphone and web cam
- Click the Microphone button
- Click the Web Cam button
Type in the chat area if you wish to contribute.
Use the status button to let your lecturer know how you're going.