How to place a hold
Items you require may already be on loan to someone else, at our warehouse or in another UQ Library. Place a hold on these items and we will arrange for them to be delivered to the library location of your choice, free of charge. If a book is on the shelf at your campus, you are expected to go and get it.
Requesting the item
- Log in to the Library website
- Find the item in UQ Library Search and then click the Location & availability tab
- Click the Place a hold link
- Choose your pickup location
- if it is at your campus, you will not be able to place a hold
- if you're an external/remote student, select your home address for delivery
- Optionally specify a 'not needed after' date, whereby we can automatically cancel the hold for you
- Click Place a hold
If the item is on loan to a client they will receive an email alerting them the item has been recalled. Recalled loans must be returned within 7 days. Items coming from the warehouse or another campus should arrive within 5 working days.
When your requested item is ready for collection you will receive an email. Items will be held for 5 days.
Cancelling a request
- View your requests in your account
- Click the Cancel link for the request